If you are looking for something fun to do on a Saturday or Sunday morning and which involves lots of delicious food, then I highly recommend checking out La Cigale French Market in Parnell. It is undoubtedly the best market in Auckland.
Here’s a taste of what you may come across at La Cigale:
– Delicious coffee, macarons and croissants just out of the oven
– Rotisserie chickens, gooey croque monsieurs, breakfast buns and other savoury delights
– Delectable tarts (my favourite being the Frangipani tart with rhubarb and pistachio) and eclairs from Amadine
– Freshly made juices, plus smoothies from The Organic Mechanic
– Muesli and chia seed bowls from The Vital Bowl
– Various international foods like paella, crepes and gozleme
– Freshly baked bread, smoked fish, fruit and vegetables
– Tasty dips, Turkish bread, wraps and fresh dates
– And you probably wouldn’t believe it but there is a stand near the entrance selling every dog treat you can imagine!
The market can get quite crowded, so I recommend coming here as early as possible – my favourite time being 8am for a delicious breakfast! There is also plenty of parking outside and you can bring the whole family, even your dogs too – bonus!
Be sure to wander around the main shop inside, selling all things French from art prints and books, to clothing and soaps, tea towels, kitchenware and so much more!
Check out my photo diary below to get your mouth salivating!!!
La Cigale French Market
69 St Georges Bay Road, Parnell
Open Saturdays and Sundays, 8am to 1.30pm
Fantastic photos! I LOVE the French market! It’s a special treat to go, and I always get to try something new and delicious there. Thanks for sharing!
Thank you for reading! The market is a great activity to do on the weekend, and like you say, you are bound to try something different each time! 🙂
Pingback: Sydney Photo Diary – georgieats
Pingback: Auckland Food Guide by georgieats | georgieats