Baking is one of my favourite hobbies. Cookies, brownies and slices are my favourite things to bake. So, when I was sent the whole range of Cocavo products recently (and having never used their products in baking or cooking before), I was super excited to create a recipe using Cocavo’s products.
For those of you that are not familiar with Cocavo, they are a New Zealand owned and run company which produces a unique blend of extra virgin coconut and avocado oils, bringing the healthiest cooking oil to the market. Their products are made from all natural premium ingredients and are dairy and gluten free, and suitable for vegans and vegetarians. Cocavo has five delicious flavours, including:
- Cocavo Original (used in a variety of sweet and savoury dishes)
- Cocavo Light (the light flavour does not have the aroma or taste of coconut, which makes it the perfect cooking oil for everyday use)
- Cocavo with Chili and Lime (use for seafood or stir-fry dishes)
- Cocavo with Cilantro, Lime and Ginger (will bring out the flavours in Thai or Indonesian dishes)
- Cocavo with Turmeric and Lemon Zest (perfect for cooking Indian and Middle Eastern dishes)
Using Cocavo’s Original Coconut and Avocado Oil, here is a decadent recipe for my
Choc-Almond Slice. This slice is easy to make and very moorish!
CHOC-ALMOND SLICE with Cocavo
1 cup oats
210g nuts (I used almonds and a few walnuts)
3 tablespoons pure maple syrup
3 tablespoons Cocavo coconut and avocado oil, melted
1/4 cup Cocavo coconut and avocado oil, melted
1/4 cup pure maple syrup
250g dark chocolate, roughly chopped (I used a mix of Whittaker’s, Lindt and Ocho)
In a food processor, pulse together base ingredients. Firmly press mixture into a slice tin lined with baking paper, and place in the freezer for 1 hour.
In a mixing bowl, whisk together filling ingredients until smooth. Pour mixture onto base and smooth out evenly with a spatula. Place back in the freezer for 1 hour.
On low heat in a saucepan, whisk together the topping ingredients until melted. Pour mixture over base and spread evenly with a spatula. Place in the freezer to set for 1 hour, until ready to eat.
When ready, slice, serve, eat and enjoy!
Store in the fridge or freezer.
Stay tuned for more recipes coming soon! x