Because the atmosphere is buzzing, the service great and of course, their south-east Asian and Vietnamsese food is always full of flavour and presented well, no matter what you order!
I have dined at Cafe Hanoi on several occasions – dinners with friends, family birthdays and work functions. It is definitely the perfect place to celebrate something special. And if you are feeling fancy, they also have a private dining room as well.
I love that there is something for everyone on the menu, whether you are into spice, are vegetarian or like to share dishes with your dining companions. My favourite dishes at Cafe Hanoi include:
– Summer Rolls of roasted pork, shrimp, fresh herbs and peanuts
– Confit Eggplant with soy, garlic and coriander
– Crispy Salt and Pepper Shrimp with garlic mayo
– Fried Lemongrass Tofu, with cinnamon smoked mushroom and wilted spinach
– Bún Cha (Hanoi-style grilled pork w nuoc cham, rice noodles and fragrant herbs)
– Pork Wontons with chilled spanner crab and bisque
– Pork Spare Ribs, twice cooked with five spice, ginger sesame and grilled lime
– And for dessert, I love their Sago Pudding, with white chocolate, yoghurt cream and palm sugar caramel – melt in your mouth!
The service has also always been fantastic as well – very friendly and welcoming, water glasses are consistently topped up and I have never had to wait long for the food.
They don’t take bookings, so I recommended having an early dinner here, because the restaurant fills up so quick. Or you could put your name on their waiting list, take a seat at the bar and enjoy a few cocktails. Highly recommend Cafe Hanoi!
Corner of Galway & Commerce Street, Britomart
Open Monday to Saturday, 12pm to 12am
and Sundays 5pm to 12am
Recommended: any of their cocktails, confit eggplant, fried lemongrass tofu, pork spare ribs and sago pudding