With New Zealand back in Lockdown 3.0, this means more time for baking and getting creative in the kitchen! My favourite things to bake are cookies, brownies, slices and more recently, rocky road.
The world-famous Lotus Biscoff has finally landed in New Zealand (available in New World and Pak’nSave supermarkets) and I was recently sent some of their biscuits and spread to try… very exciting!!! (ad/gifted).
Lotus Biscoff will take your coffee experience to a whole new level, with its unique flavour (using an original recipe created in 1932, and baked in Lembeke, Belgium), crunchy bite and iconic shape. Their biscuits and spread taste like caramel gingerbread… the perfect excuse to use in baking!
While I had plans to make Biscoff Stuffed Cookies, I settled on Rocky Road instead. This delicious and decadent recipe only has five ingredients – Lotus Biscoff Spread and Biscuits, Butter, Nestle Milkybar Gold Chocolate (similar to Caramilk) and Marshmallows – these cuties were purchased from Japan Mart.
Recipe below – enjoy!
Lotus Biscoff Rocky Road
- 3 x 170g blocks Nestle Milkybar Gold, chopped
- 50g unsalted butter
- 125g Lotus Biscoff Spread
- 100-200g Mini Marshmallows (totally up to you!)
- 250g packet of Lotus Biscuits, chopped
1) Line a square 20cm baking tin with baking paper and set aside.
2) In a large bowl, melt the chocolate and butter in the microwave, stir until smooth.
3) In a separate bowl, melt the Biscoff Spread in the microwave for 30 seconds or until runny. Add to the melted chocolate mix and stir.
4) Once combined, add the marshmallows and chopped Lotus Biscuits and fold together. Pour into the baking tin and spread evenly. Refrigerate overnight to set.
5) The next morning, cut up into squares, serve, eat and enjoy!
Store in the fridge.
For more Recipes, click here.