Today, I attended my second Taste of Auckland. I was so incredibly excited as it really is ultimate foodie heaven!
Held over four days, Taste showcases some of the best restaurants in Auckland. Each restaurant offers 2-4 dishes, costing between $8-$20. Like last year, I made a beeline for Depot, because their oysters and tuatuas (clams) are top notch. I also tried a wood fired margherita pizza from Farina (again, amazing) and rice paper rolls with shredded pork and prawn from Vietnam based restaurant, Koto (which were fresh, light and perfect on this hot spring day). But, the best part about Taste of Auckland is definitely sampling all of the foodie products! Below is a list of my favourites from today:
– Jenny’s Kitchen Tamarind Chutney were selling their delicious chutneys, and we bought a jar each of their mild and extra hot versions. They both tasted amazing!
– The Baron, where I purchased their sweet and salty nuts (great for Christmas stocking fillers!) and an edible chocolate moustache – yummy!
– Delonghi Group, showcasing their coffee machines and other kitchen appliances and Moustache making delicious cookies, including a marmite and cheese combination!
– Petal Cupcakes, forever a favourite because of their mouthwatering cupcakes. Today I tried a salted caramel one – melt in your mouth!
– Dilmah Tea Garden offering high tea, plus tastings of sweet delights and a selection of teas
– Vogels, serving salads topped with their new protein seed mixes, chia oat puddings made with their new range of superoats cereals (delicious) and peanut and cacao super oat balls. Will definitely be making the oat balls and doing a blog post!
– The Museli Hub, serving samples of their delicious homemade mueslis (you can also create your own mueslis via their website)
– Beekist tomatoes (so so good and perfect with mozarella and fresh basil)
– Cook & Nelson stand, where I sampled Noble Tonic Tahitian vanilla maple syrup and also a bourbon version (this stuff is the real deal)
– Little Bird Unbakery, selling their cold pressed juices, raw desserts and food products
– Kapiti tent serving ice cream, cocktails and these amazing Gingernut ice cream sandwiches with spiced apple jam for only $4! (See delicious picture below!)
– Plus a HUGE thank you to Zomato for an extra crown card, which meant we could try more dishes and purchase more foodie products! And also for sponsoring the bandstand, because the music was awesome! Zomato also set up outdoor tables, chairs and red umbrellas. This made it a great place to relax and enjoy the sunshine!