Wow. Wow. Wow. I have to say that The Street Food Collective is definitely the highlight of my 2015 foodie year!
Here are several reasons why The Street Food Collective (the SFC) is so awesome:
It is located bang smack in the middle of Ponsonby (one of my favourite foodie neighbourhoods) and nestled within a great range of shops.
They have an amazing set up, including an outdoor courtyard, complete with picnic tables, hanging lights and pot plants. Plus there is a super cool drinks truck, namely ‘Herbie’, where you can purchase delicious cocktails (at great prices I must add), beer and wine.
The variety of street food available. So far, I have tried:
– Judge Bao (steamed Chinese buns, filled with pork, tofu, lamb or beef. They are heavenly. Definitely my favourite stand at the SFC. Check out my review of Judge Bao here)
– Coreano (Korean-Mexican fusion, including kimchi fries which are AMAZING)
– ***** Goodnight Cocoa (first time trying a smore here in Auckland at none other than Goodnight Cocoa!!! It was EPIC. Loved their spiced graham crackers filled with vanilla marshmallow. And you must try a cup of their rich dark hot chocolate – it is heavenly!)
– Tiger Burger (their fried chicken is deliciously crunchy and the chicken falls off the bone…)
– Kraken Crumpets (homemade crumpets, with sweet or savoury toppings – love the Apple Crumble combination)
– Also worth a mention are The Lucky Taco (which I love) The Pie Piper, Sweet Val’s Ice Cream, The Bearded Clam, The Tin Kitchen and many others! I am yet to try the last 4 vendors, but I will no doubt by the end of the year!
Right next door is Miss Moonshines (whose owners also set up the SFC) so you could have a fabulous meat feast here and then pop over to the SFC for dessert. Bonus!
The vendors. Lovely, lovely people, all passionate about their food, which in turn makes me really happy!
They are open 7 days a week. Woohoo! So you could have all three meals here…although I am yet to try this!
Last but not least, there is a timetable that gets released at the beginning of each week on the SFC’s website/Facebook page, so you know which vendors will be on each day/night, and that way, you can plan your foodie week!
The Street Food Collective
Lot 3, 130 Ponsonby Road, Ponsonby
Open for lunch from 12pm to 3pm and dinner from 5pm to 10pm
Recommended: black betty bao (Judge Bao), kimchi fries (Coreano) and a smore, plus a cup of rich hot chocolate (Goodnight Cocoa)
5/5, 10/10, 100/100 – WOW!!!